Sweet and Spicy Gingerdoodle Cookies are the ultimate fall treat! A deliciously spiced gingersnap cookie is rolled in cinnamon sugar to create a lovely hybrid.
- 1 cup (230 g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (200 g) dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups (395 g) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1–1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1–1/2 tsp ginger
- 1–1/2 tsp cloves
- FOR ROLLING:
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- See Grandma’s Sugar Cookie Recipe
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and molasses and beat to combine.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix until the dough comes together.
- Chill for 1-24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C) and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl stir together the cinnamon and sugar for rolling.
- Scoop the dough out with a medium cookie scoop, roll into balls and coat in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Space the balls about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- If desired, pipe spiderwebs onto each cookie for Halloween or snowflakes for winter/Christmas.
Adapted from Carlsbad Cravings
Don’t skimp on the spices, make sure to use 1-1/2 tsp of each to get a rich and beautiful flavor
Keywords: gingerdoodle cookies, halloween cookie recipe, gingersnap snickerdoodle cookie recipe, fall cookies