Soft and chewy oatmeal cookies are kicked up a notch with dark chocolate chips, a drizzling of homemade caramel, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- 1/2 cup (115 g) unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup (95 g) packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (105 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1–1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1–1/4 cup (230 g) unbleached all-purpose flour flour
- 1 cup (100 g) old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup (115 g) dark chocolate chips
- If you are making caramel, do that first and let it cool while you bake the cookies.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F (170 C) and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment mix the sugars, pour in the butter and beat on high for a minute.
- Add the egg, yolk and vanilla and mix.
- Pour in the flour, oats, salt and baking soda and mix until it just comes together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop your cookies onto the baking sheets (I used a medium cookie scoop) and bake for 9-10 minutes until just done.
- Let them cool on the trays for a minute and then move to a cooling rack.
- Once the cookies are fully cooled drizzle them with caramel and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
If you don’t have the time or desire to make caramel break out a can of the store bought kind 🙂
The caramel stays soft and gooey so expect them to stick together a little when stacked.
Keywords: salted caramel chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, salted caramel cookies