Chase the winter blues with a fresh batch of homemade Mandarin Orange Jam. This quick and easy to make jam recipe uses just five ingredients!
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) mandarin oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Peel the oranges and break them up into a few sections. Puree in a blender or food processor.
- Pour the pureed oranges into a pan and stir in the sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and ginger.
- Let the fruit boil gently over medium heat for about 40 minutes stirring occasionally. It will foam up at first but after a little while it will stir together and clear up.
- While the jam is cooking thoroughly wash or sterilize four half pint jars and lids.
- When the jam is ready dip one cup into each jar and let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Screw the lids on and let it sit on the counter until cool.
- Keep in the fridge for a week or the freezer for several months.
Adapted from The View From Great Island.
Tie a ribbon and a tag around each jar for unique handmade gift.
Keywords: mandarin orange jam recipe, homemade orange jam, orange jam recipe, breakfast jam