Tart and sweet come together in this Homemade Blueberry Peach Cobbler. Juicy fruit topped with soft biscuits is a delicious midwinter breakfast!
- 1 can (29 oz) peaches in juice not syrup
- 1 cup (165 g) fresh blueberries (see notes for using frozen berries)
- 1/2 cup (80 g) packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- zest of one lemon
- 1–1/2 cups (230 g) unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup (50 g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp (25 g) dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (90 ml) canola oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (175 C) and place your ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl stir together the peaches (with the juice), blueberries, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and lemon zest.
- Divide into your ramekins. I used 6 oz and made 6.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Add the canola oil and milk and stir well. You will have a goopy wet batter.
- Spread the dough across the top of the berries with a spoon and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake on the middle rack for 35 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve hot with coffee or tea!
You can use frozen berries for this recipe. Just pour off 2/3 C of the peach juice to compensate for the extra liquid from the berries as they thaw.
You can substitute any kind of milk – regular or dairy free.
Keywords: homemade blueberry cobbler recipe, peach and blueberry cobbler, breakfast fruit recipe