These soft rolls filled with cinnamon sugar and funfetti are topped with vanilla icing and more funfetti for the most fun weekday breakfast ever!
- 2–1/2 C (355 g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 C (75 g) wheat flour
- 3/4 (4 g) tsp salt
- 2–1/4 tsp (8 g) yeast (one packet)
- 1 large egg
- 1 C (250 ml) lukewarm water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 C (40 g) sprinkles/funfetti
- 2/3 C (130 g) dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 Tbsp (45 g) butter room at room temperature
- 2 C (295 g) powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Put the flours into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the salt on one side of the bowl and the yeast on the other and then mix.
- Add the egg, oil, and sprinkles, turn the mixer on low and pour in the water. Mix on medium speed until the dough comes together and stops sticking to the bowl. Set a timer and let it go for another 5 minutes or knead it by hand.
- Spray a large bowl with non-stick spray, put the dough in and cover with seran wrap or a clean tea towel. Let it rise at room temp for 1-2 hours until it has doubled in size.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter and roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to about 20 by 15 inches (50 x 38 cm.)
- Brush the butter over the dough, then sprinkle the sugar over in clumps and pat it out with your hands to cover the surface. Sprinkle a good layer of cinnamon over the sugar and roll it up tightly the long way.
- Mark the top for 10 or 12 rolls and cut with a sharp serrated knife or thread. Spray a metal cake pan with non-stick spray and arrange the rolls with some room in between them to rise.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F and let the rolls rise for 20-30 minutes. Bake for about 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until smooth. Spread over your cinnamon rolls and sprinkle with your favorite funfetti sprinkles.
- Eat warm!
You can substitute dairy free milk or butter for any used in this recipe.
If you don’t have wheat flour use all purpose instead.
Make it extra fun by adding sprinkles over the cinnamon in the filling too.
Keywords: funfetti cinnamon rolls, breakfast food, cinnamon roll recipe, birthday breakfast