Funfetti Celebration Cupcakes are made from scratch in just one bowl! Soft and delicious vanilla cake topped with a swirl of rainbow icing is a sure hit! Customize your colors for any occasion.
- 2–1/2 cups (340 g) unbleached white flour
- 1 cup (225 g) sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1–1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3–1/2 cup (55–70 g) sprinkles
- 1/2 cup (115 g) unsalted butter softened
- 5–1/2 cups (660 g) powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F (175 C) and line your muffin pans with cupcake papers.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla and mix.
- Stir in the sprinkles.
- Put about 1/4 cup of batter into each liner (should be about 3/4 full).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. (Check after 18 minutes).
- Cool on a rack on the counter before icing.
- Beat the butter for 1-2 minutes in a mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Divide the icing into three bowls and color each one a primary color. I used liquid coloring for a pastel look.
- Put a scoop of each color into a piping bag along the sides. I piped from the center out with a large star tip.
- Dust the tops with clear crystal sprinkles for a glittering look.
My icing is a little thin because of course I ran out of powdered sugar when I made these!
Adjust the amount and colors of sprinkles to suit your event.
Keywords: Vanilla funfetti cupcake recipe, birthday cupcakes, vanilla cake recipe