Start your day with a healthy muffin and hot tea. Packed with yogurt, pureed oranges, and oatmeal these muffins are soft and delicious with a citrus tang.
- 1–1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup orange puree (see notes below)
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (old-fashioned)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 F (190 C) and put liners in your muffin pans.
- Whisk the sugar, egg, orange puree, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the flours, oats, baking powder, and salt and combine.
- Last, add the greek yogurt and stir.
- Fill each liner with 1/4 cup of batter and sprinkle the tops with sliced almonds and a pinch of raw sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the orange puree I peeled three mandarin oranges and blended them to make 1/2 cup of puree.
Keywords: orange and oatmeal muffin recipe, healthy breakfast muffins, sliced almonds on orange muffins