We’re into the home stretch – Day 5 of Cookie Week! Are you tired of cookies yet?? I promise this one is worth it. Say it with me now, Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies. That’s right, we’re going straight into chocolate heaven this week. These cookies are more like a brownie in cookie form, or so my husband informs me. It took four batches to get these just right. Deep, dark, dense, rich chocolate with an espresso finish. Pure nirvana I assure you. Scooped with a medium cookie scoop they are just the right size!
Disclosure: this post includes affiliate links, if you click through one of my links and buy something I make a small commission. Thanks for helping me keep this blog running!
This cookie was also developed from the Bake From Scratch Cookie Chart. Melted butter keeps them dense and chewy. The espresso intensifies the chocolate flavor and shows itself as a finishing note rather than a main stage player. These Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies were surprisingly my son’s favorite cookie! He was pretty sad when I sent the rest of the final batch to work with Daddy and he had to settle for a different dessert.
You’ll want to make plenty of these to give out this holiday season. It will set you apart from the traditional holiday cookies and wow your chocolate loving friends and family! Next week I’ll be starting my list of holiday gifts and baking. It feels early but it’s necessary. I’m sure you know the feeling. If you don’t start now it’s easy to run out of energy before you accomplish what you planned and where’s the fun in that? I adore handing out gifts during this season. Unfortunately that can get expensive really fast, so baking is a great way to show you care while not breaking the bank!
I think we should keep a few treats around for ourselves as well. Not to overindulge but to take a few minutes to sit down and enjoy a treat while we work on our gift lists, shopping plans and family gatherings. These Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies are going on my shortlist for self care!
When do you start holiday planning? Is it still too early or are you an all year planner? I like to think I’m an all year planner but these days I don’t get much started before October/November. I like to take all of November and December to celebrate the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas both) so at least that gives me a little more time. It’s also necessary to plan ahead for non-baking homemade gifts!
Tomorrow we’ll be making the ultimate holiday cookies: Grandma’s Sugar Cookies! Thanks for pinning and sharing 🙂
Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies are full of deep, dark, dense, rich chocolate with an espresso finish. These cookies are a chocolate lovers dream!
- 1/2 cup (115 g) unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup (100 g) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (110 g) dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1–3/4 cups (270 g) white flour
- 1/3 cup (35 g) dark baking cocoa
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (85 g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C) and line several cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the sugars and melted butter for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and espresso powder and whip together.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop with a medium cookie scoop onto your trays about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11 mins and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
If your cocoa powder is at all lumpy be sure you sift it! Usually I use Hershey’s Dark Chocolate cocoa powder which does not need sifting.
Keywords: double chocolate espresso cookies, chocolate coffee cookie recipe, quick chocolate cookies, chocolate chocolate chip cookies