Capture fall with this delicious Dark Chocolate S’mores Tart. Smooth and creamy ganache with toasted marshmallows fills a crunchy graham cracker crust.
- 9 graham crackers (5oz/140g) crushed into fine crumbs
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter melted
- 8oz (225g) 70% dark chocolate
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream
- 12 marshmallows toasted*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F (170 C) while you crush the graham crackers.
- Mix in the butter and powdered sugar and pour into a standard tart pan. Using a flat bottomed measuring cup press the crumbs firmly down across the bottom and against the sides of the pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Put the heavy cream, vanilla, sea salt and toasted marshmallows into a saucepan and warm them over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heat proof bowl.
- When all the marshmallow has melted into the whipping cream pour it over the chocolate and stir until completely mixed. It will be a gorgeous smooth dark color.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the crust and smooth the top out.
- Chill in the freezer or refrigerator until set.
- You can top it with more crushed graham cracker crumbs if you like.
Toast marshmallows by laying them out on tinfoil, place it on a cookie tray and broil in the oven for a couple minutes until the tops brown. Remove from foil immediately or they will stick!
I used Ghirardelli Intense Dark chocolate squares for this tart.
Keywords: dark chocolate s'more tart recipe, dark chocolate tart, graham cracker crust, s'more tart, chocolate and marshmallow tart recipe