Happy Labor Day weekend to all my North American Readers! It’s also the last hurrah weekend for us since school will start Tuesday. I was scrolling through Instagram on Friday and came across the FeedFeed contest with Ghirardelli. The challenge was to make a S’more or S’mores inspired recipe using Ghirardelli chocolate squares. I decided to run with it and make a Dark Chocolate S’mores Tart.
Disclosure: this post includes affiliate links. If you click through one of my links and buy something I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for helping me keep this blog running!
It was a definite success so I knew I should share it with you! In the spirit of the annoyingly hot weather we’re having, the only thing that bakes in this recipe is the crust for about 8 minutes. The rest is refrigerated or frozen if you prefer.
I used the Ghirardelli Intense Dark chocolate squares which are 72% dark. It’s important to use really dark chocolate for this recipe or it will end up too sweet. To toast the marshmallows quickly, lay them out on tin foil on a cookie sheet and broil for a couple minutes. Keep an eye on them or they’ll burn!
Make sure that when you’re melting the marshmallows into the cream you wait until they are fully melted before pouring into the chocolate. If you don’t you’ll have little pieces of marshmallow in your tart. Not that that is a bad thing necessarily but it won’t have quite the same smooth finished look.
Here’s to a lovely holiday weekend and of course dark chocolate! Thanks for reading and I hope you love your Dark Chocolate S’mores Tart as much as I did mine.
Don’t forget to pin and share!
Capture fall with this delicious Dark Chocolate S’mores Tart. Smooth and creamy ganache with toasted marshmallows fills a crunchy graham cracker crust.
- 9 graham crackers (5oz/140g) crushed into fine crumbs
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter melted
- 8oz (225g) 70% dark chocolate
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream
- 12 marshmallows toasted*
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F (170 C) while you crush the graham crackers.
- Mix in the butter and powdered sugar and pour into a standard tart pan. Using a flat bottomed measuring cup press the crumbs firmly down across the bottom and against the sides of the pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Put the heavy cream, vanilla, sea salt and toasted marshmallows into a saucepan and warm them over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heat proof bowl.
- When all the marshmallow has melted into the whipping cream pour it over the chocolate and stir until completely mixed. It will be a gorgeous smooth dark color.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the crust and smooth the top out.
- Chill in the freezer or refrigerator until set.
- You can top it with more crushed graham cracker crumbs if you like.
Toast marshmallows by laying them out on tinfoil, place it on a cookie tray and broil in the oven for a couple minutes until the tops brown. Remove from foil immediately or they will stick!
I used Ghirardelli Intense Dark chocolate squares for this tart.
Keywords: dark chocolate s’more tart recipe, dark chocolate tart, graham cracker crust, s’more tart, chocolate and marshmallow tart recipe