A sophisticated take on the popular peanut butter blossom cookies. Each bite contains both the peanut butter base and dark chocolate topping – delicious!
- 1/2 cup (120ml) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (60g) butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed dk brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1–1/3 cup (175 g) white flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips (or bars chopped)
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment cream the peanut butter, butter and sugar until light and fluffy (3-4 minutes).
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder, pour into the mixer and mix until your dough comes together.
- Chill for 1 to 24 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (175C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of wax paper to 1/4 to 1/8″ thick. Cut out circles (mine are about 2-1/4″) and space them 1-2 inches apart on the tray.
- Bake for 11 mins and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Scoop a little chocolate onto the top of a cookie and swirl with the back of a spoon.
- Let the cookies sit on the counter until the chocolate is completely dry before moving them into an airtight container.
I like to use the Hershey’s Special Dark chocolate chips. Ghirardelli would be great as well.
Keywords: peanut butter shortbread cookies, chocolate peanut butter cookie recipes, peanut butter cookie recipe,