Dark chocolate cake is drizzled with decadent espresso ganache and topped with whipped cream and a sliced strawberry.
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 5 oz dark chocolate (140 g) I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp butter (15 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose floor (120 g)
- 3/4 cup sugar (180 g)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp dark chocolate baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Whipped cream and fresh strawberries
- In a small pan warm up the heavy cream, espresso powder and salt until bubbles form around the edges. Put the Chocolate chips, sugar, vanilla and butter into a heatproof bowl. Pour the warmed cream over the chocolate and whisk until you have a smooth dark brown sauce.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F (175 C) and grease four mini bundt cake pans and put them on a cookie sheet with edges.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla, espresso powder, oil and buttermilk.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking chocolate, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well and spoon into the cake pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean. Let the cakes cool for 2-3 minutes and then carefully turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Drizzle with warm ganache and fill the top with whipped cream. Slice a strawberry vertically in three pieces, fan them out and push them into the whipped cream.
Ganache recipe adapted from Martha Stewart’s Espresso Glaze.
Keep the extra ganache in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Keywords: mini chocolate bundt cake, dark chocolate cake recipe, mini chocolate cakes with espresso ganache