Cranberry Spice Tea is fresh & bright with a tart cranberry base topped with orange juice and spiced with cinnamon and cloves. It’s the holidays in a drink!
- 13 cups (3120 ml) water
- 2 bags (24 oz/680 g) of cranberries – fresh or frozen
- 2 cups (480 ml) orange juice
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- Rinse the cranberries and pour them into a large pot. Add the water and bring them to a boil over high heat.
- Let them boil for 5-7 minutes until all or most of the cranberries have popped open. On my stove this process took about 25 minutes total.
- Leave the pot on the stove or counter until cool. Put a colander over a second large pan and carefully pour it through to strain out the berries. Press the berries up against the edges to get all the juice out and set them aside (see jello recipe in the post).
- Add the orange juice, sugar and spices, cover the pot and simmer for half an hour to an hour. Serve hot.
- You can transfer the tea to a pitcher in the fridge and let it sit overnight to strengthen the flavors even more. Reheat to serve.
- We do also drink this straight out of the fridge cold or with carbonated water.
Store in the fridge for up to a week.
This makes enough for a crowd. If you want it all to yourself you can drink it for several days if not a week.
Keywords: cranberry spice tea recipe, holiday tea, holiday party drink, cinnamon orange cranberry drink