Soft and buttery pumpkin cookies are topped with cinnamon icing for a burst of fall flavor. This is a cookie you don’t want to miss!
- 1 cup (230 g) butter
- 1/2 cup (115 g) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 g) white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 can pumpkin – 7.5 oz (215 g)
- 2–1/4 cups (355 g) white flour
- 1/4 cup (60 g) butter well-softened
- 2–1/4 cups (260 g) powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C) and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment combine the butter, sugars, spices and leavening and beat to combine.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix.
- Pour in the pumpkin and flour and beat until the mixture comes together. The dough should be fairly soft.
- Scoop the dough onto lined cookie sheets about two inches apart using a small cookie scoop.
- Bake for 12 minutes and cool on wire racks.
- Beat all the icing ingredients together until well combined. Swirl a generous dollop of icing on each cookie with a knife and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
Keywords: pumpkin cookie recipe, cinnamon iced pumpkin cookies, cinnamon icing, pumpkin cookies