DIY Chocolate Spoons are the perfect winter pick me up. They make a great addition to hot chocolate bars, morning coffee or just a little mid-day treat!
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- Toppings: colorful sprinkles, mini marshmallows, crushed peppermint, and anything else that sounds good!
- Cover a cookie sheet with a layer of wax paper to chill your finished spoons on. Gather your toppings and have them ready in small bowls if you need them.
- In a small heat proof bowl warm the cream in a microwave or over the stove in a small pan.
- Add the chopped up chocolate and stir until fully melted together, continuing to heat if necessary.
- Dip each spoon into the chocolate and carefully coat the front and back.
- Lay each spoon onto the wax paper and sprinkle with your choice of topping.
- Once the tray is full, carefully put it into the freezer (flat!) and let them chill for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and let them dry and finish hardening for a few hours/overnight.
- Store in an airtight bag once fully dry.
I tipped my bowl when dipping the spoons so that I had a chocolate pool.
Try a few and you’ll find a dipping rhythm that works well for you! There really isn’t a wrong way.
These will melt into your drink somewhat slowly leaving some to eat off the spoon as well 🙂
Keywords: chocolate spoon recipe, diy chocolate spoons, how to make chocolate spoons