Simplify your breakfast with these easy Caramelized Banana Bread Muffins. Packed full of flavor and deliciously healthy, they are sure to become a favorite!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup (60g) wheat flour
- 3/4 cup (75g) oat flour
- 1/2 cup (65g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (85g) lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut milk (canned)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) oil – vegetable, canola or melted coconut are fine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dark chocolate chips
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400 F (205 C)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Peel your bananas and lay them out on the tray. Drizzle each one with a zigzag of honey and then sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 20-25 mins until the tops become golden brown. Let them cool for about 5 minutes then scoop them into a bowl (I scrape the golden honey bits off the paper in as well). Once cool, mash them up.
- Reduce oven temp to 350 F (175 C)
- Put 12 cupcake liners into muffin pans.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- In a separate large bowl combine the eggs and sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and oil and mix again.
- Stir in the vanilla and bananas.
- Gently fold in your dry ingredients until just combined. This batter is moist but very thick.
- Put about 1/4 cup of batter into each liner and sprinkle liberally with chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until tester comes out clean.
- Eat warm with a cup of tea!
Adapted from Half Baked Harvest.
If you don’t have oat flour, pulse old-fashioned oats in the blender to make your own.
Keywords: banana bread muffins, breakfast recipe, muffins recipe, banana bread