Make something different for holiday parties this year – Boozy Sugared Cranberries! Sweet and tart with a burst of flavor they are hard to stop eating.
- 1 bag (12 oz – 340 g) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup (220 g) sugar
- 1 cup (235 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) spiced rum
- 1–2 cups sugar for coating
- Heat the sugar and water in a small saucepan until all the sugar is melted.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl and add the vanilla and rum.
- Pour in the cranberries and let them soak in the sugar water for 1-3 hours.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cranberries out of the syrup and onto paper towels or a wire rack. Let them dry for 10-15 minutes and then roll them in granulated sugar.
- Store at room temperature not fully airtight or they will condense and the sugar will start to dissolve.
To speed up the process I put a layer of sugar in a small tupperware then added cranberries and sprinkled more sugar on top then shook it (with a lid) to coat. Over time the sugar will start to clump a little with this method but you can coat them all with less work.
Keywords: boozy sugared cranberries, sugared cranberry recipe